Call for Papers/Art
March 27-30, 2014. The Alliance for the Study of Adoption and Culture 5th Annual International Conference on Adoption and Culture. Location: Florida State University. Topic: Adoption Crossing Boundaries
April 9-13, 2014. 35th Annual American Adoption Conference” Building Brtidges for Change, San Francisco.(webpage not up yet)
May 29-31, 2014. 8th Biennial Adoption Conference. Location: St. John’s University, Queens, New York. Topic: Sleeping Giants in Adoption: Power, Privilege, Politics, and Class.
Building Bridges for Change in San Francisco, April 9-13th, 2014.
- February 20, 2014, 2:00-5:00pm, Old Judiciary Room, Capital Building, Hartfor, CT. Free screening of director Jean Strauss’s award winning documentary, ADOPTED: for the life of me on Thursday, .Strauss will be present for A&A. (Note: I do not endorse this film or Strauss’s pol;itics of compromise).\
- March 8 , 2014, 9:30 am at CAFAP, 2189 Silas Dean Highway, Rocky Hill.
Missouri Open Records Effort
- February 13, 2014, 7:00–9:00pm, 4000 Lee’s Summit Rd..Independence MO..St Michael’s Episcopal Church..across from Cracker Barrel on I-70….PLEASE come join in this great discussion about adult adopted Issues…Park in back and enter thru that door. (If you need more info PM me please)
- February 11th, 2014,7:00-8:30 pm. Columbus group. Old Worthington Library, Worthington, Ohio.– Our all-adoption general meetings are support and discussion groups open to anyone who is impacted by or interested in adoption. Join adult adoptees, adoptive parents, birth parents, prospective adoptive parents, spouses, partners, extended family and friends for open discussion and peer support. Come to listen, share, ask questions and learn from each others’ perspectives
- February 15 2014, 10:30am-12:30pm. 1st meeting of the new Cincinnati/N Kentucky Group. Blue Ash Library
- Sunday, February 16, 2014,, 2-3:30pm, Gahanna Public Library, Gahanna OH — Open to birth mothers and birth fathers only, this meeting is a private space to meet others who understand this life-long journey